Sales Manager – Part Time Contract
Who we are:
The Downsview Advocate (www.downsviewadvocate.ca) is a community paper that is freely distributed to 25,000 households every month. It was started in early 2014 in the Downsview area of Toronto. Almost 70% of the residents in this area did not receive a free paper in their households before. Local information is scarce at best, which opened the opportunity to launch this venture. The Downsview Advocate has been operating from the sale of advertisements for over 4 years now and continues to grow from month to month.
- Working under the supervision of the Publisher, the Sales Manager is responsible for the sales of print and online materials and service and maintenance of clients
- Using our Zoho database to create and follow up on sales leads, the Sales Manager is responsible for creating a network of customers for the Downsview Advocate that follows the Publisher’s overall strategy and the publications’ mandate
- Working with the Publisher and Editor in order to coordinate sales strategies, the Sales Manager develops leads, and manages sales development, including advertorials and other content production, which is managed by the Editor
- The Sales Manager follows a monthly community campaign that will affect the publication in print and online
- The Sales Manager will develop a cohesive online sales plan through social media, Mailchimp and other online channels in order to monetize our online content and publicize our brand
- Works closely with the entire team to follow timelines and ensure that all materials are submitted on time
- The Sales Manager will work alone as well as in a team and oversee sales-marketing interns, working from home, the owner’s home office and attend in-person meetings as required
- Knowledge of emails, MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. High proficiency in computer applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College or University Diploma/Degree and post graduate degree in Sales, Marketing or Communications or related field.
- Previous direct sales experience
- Must have access to a vehicle with a full G-License
- Knowledge of Zoho and/or other CRM software is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working within an Editorial structure environment is an asset.
- Experience working with Not-for-Profit or social enterprise venture is an asset.
$16.00/hour at 20 hours per week+ plus bonus.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 24, 2018.
Become a volunteer today!
Send your resume to email@example.com
Volunteer Writer Position Description:
Our writers cover different local events and stories in and around Downsview. Our writers must commit to at least three monthly meetings and write at least three articles per year. The position is based on the volunteer’s availability but we do encourage everyone to participate as much as possible.
We work with writers who have a background in journalism or equal experience and are passionate about getting out in the community with the intent to produce good quality news to our readers.
Volunteer Photographer Position Description:
Our photographers cover different local events and stories in and around Downsview. Our photographers must commit to at least three monthly meetings per year. The position is based on the volunteer’s availability but we do encourage everyone to participate as much as possible.
We work with photographers who have a background in photography or equal experience and are passionate about getting out in the community with the intent to produce good quality photos for our content.