1 can of chopped plum tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 white onion
2 tbsp of oregano
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 bunch of basil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp of shallots
1 tbsp of chilli flakes
100 mL of vegatable oil
100 mL of white wine
Any dry pasta of your choice (preferably spaghetinni or linguine)
5 pieces of cleaned shrimp
8 cleaned mussels
1. Finely chop your garlic and sauté it in a medium size pot
2. Once it is cooked add in your diced white onion.
3. Continue to sauté and then add the can of tomatoes with olive oil, oregano and basil.
4. Stir regularly and bring sauce to a boil.
5. Season it with salt and pepper and continue to cook it until most of the liquid is reduced.
6. In a medium pan sauté more garlic in vegetable oil, just as above.
7. Then add finely chopped shallots and continue to sauté
8. If you would like your pasta to have some heat (spicy) I recommend adding in chilli flakes at this point.
9. While the pan is still hot add your shrimp.
10. Achieve a nice sear on both sides of the shrimp without burning it
11. Then add your mussels and toss them in the pan so all of the flavours are incorporated.
12. After about 2 minutes deglaze your pan with white wine, cooking off the alcohol.
13. At this point add in your previously made tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
14. Season with salt and pepper
15. Your pasta sauce will be ready when the mussels begin to open up
16. In a medium pot boil water (salt the water to the point where you can taste it).
17. Follow the instructions on the box of dry pasta and cook it off until it is soft.
18. Be sure to stir your pasta while it boils or else it will stick
19. Strain your pasta and add it to your sauce.
20. Toss all of your ingredients together and serve